Olivem 1000 (natural emulsifier) - 50 grams
▸ Any questions? Send a message and we'll be happy to help.
▸ Free shipping when spending over € 75, - (shipment to the Netherlands / Belgium / Germany)
▸ Our fans rate us with a 9.8 (800+ reviews via WebWinkelKeur)
If you want to make a water-based cream or lotion with your essential oils, you need an emulsifier. Olivem 1000 is a vegetable emulsifier and ensures that you can blend oils with your liquids (water).
Olivem 1000 is made from olive oil and can be mixed with both acidic and basic ingredients. In addition, it nourishes and softens your skin.
- For a serum, add approx. 3% Olivem 1000 (percentage of the total recipe)
- For a lotion approx. 4-5% Olivem 1000
- For a cream approx. 6-8% Olivem 1000
So suppose you would like to make a 100ml serum, you use about 3 grams of Olivem 1000. The more Olivem 1000 you add, the thicker would end product will be.
To use Olivem 1000 in your recipe, you must first melt it. This can be done by using the au bain marie melting pot. Melt your Olivem 1000 in combination with your other wax and heat to 70C. Make sure your water substance also has the same temperature and merge. Mix well with, for example, a mixer or milk frother. As soon as your mixture cools down, it will slowly thicken. If you want to add essential oils, do this at a temperature of approx. 35C.
To properly process Olivem 1000 in your products, it is advisable to also add a stabilizer to your product, such as cetyl alcohol. You use 1-2% of this in your total recipe.
And since you will be making a water-based product, it is wise to protect it against all kinds of yeasts, molds and bacteria. For this you can use the biological preservative Cosgard, also known as Geogard® 221.
Note: Do not use Olivem 1000 in products for children under three years of age.
- INCI: Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate
- Content: 50 grams
- Origin: Italy
- 100% natural, vegetarian, vegan, not tested on animals, organic, free from (synthetic ) perfume, free from preservatives, free from phthalates, parabens, mineral oils, nano-particles, SLS, triclosan, talc, silicones, aluminum, bisfenotel (BPS ), PEGs, DEA, TEA, MEA
- Shelf life: 12 months
- Any other (oil) supplies are not included with this product.